If you choose the Medication Safety and Quality Systems specialty track, you are not only choosing one of the only graduate degrees in the United States that trains safety officers, but you are also learning a graduate curriculum that is taught by seven faculty members, with more than 150 years of combined experience in patient safety research, education and practice.
At UF, we take this specialty very seriously, because it is about patient safety and quality health care.
The coursework is challenging, yet manageable for the working professional, including:
- Healthcare and Patient Safety
- Healthcare Risk Management
- Medication Safety and Quality Program Evaluation
- Preventing Medication Errors
- Medication Safety and Technology