Managed Care Pharmacy Systems (MCPS): Master’s Degree Curriculum (32 credits)
Concentration coursework (11 cr.)
- PHA 6935 POP Foundations 1 (3 cr.)
- PHA 6935 POP Foundations 2 (3 cr.)
- PHA 6935 Writing for POP (3 cr.)
- PHA 6279 Seminar (on campus) (2 cr.)
Specialty coursework (15 cr.)
- PHA 6283 Commercial Applications of Pharmacoeconomic Principles (3 cr.)
- PHA 6276 Pharmacy Benefit Design & Management (3 cr.)
- Take one of the following:
- PHA 6935 Managed Prescription Drug Systems (aka, PBM2) (3 cr.)
- PHA 6935: Managed Care Pharmacy Operations (3 cr.)
- Specialty electives – Take two of the following:
Students may choose to take multiple courses from this list. The first two will count as a specialty electives, and the subsequent courses will count as a general electives.
Comprehensive Final Exam (on campus) – 0 cr.
General Electives (6 cr.*)
Students may choose to take any course offered in the POP Online program as a general elective. This may include a course that is from outside the Managed Care Pharmacy Systems track, or a course (beyond the first one) from the specialty electives list.
*Students in the concurrent UF M.S. + Stetson University M.B.A. program will take fewer UF general electives because they will transfer 6 credits from Stetson into UF as general electives.
Final Comprehensive Exam on UF campus (0 cr.)
In lieu of a master’s degree thesis, students must pass a written comprehensive exam administered on campus in Gainesville, Florida.
Required Travel to UF Campus
Students typically plan two travel weekends to the UF campus over the course of their program to attend one weekend seminar during any spring semester, and to take the comprehensive final exam upon completion of all coursework. Students wishing to consolidate travel time into one weekend may choose a plan of study that will enable them to attend a spring seminar and take the final exam in the same weekend.