Pharmaceutical Regulation (PharmReg): Master’s Degree Curriculum (32 credits)
Concentration coursework (11 cr.)
- PHA 6935 POP Foundations 1 (3 cr.)
- PHA 6935 POP Foundations 2 (3 cr.)
- PHA 6935 Writing for POP (3 cr.)
- PHA 6279 Seminar (on campus) (2 cr.)
Specialty coursework (12 cr.)
- PHA 6274 Federal Regulation of Drugs & Pharmacy (3 cr.)
- PHA 6273 Structure, Process, & Outcomes of Regulation (3 cr.)
- PHA 6275 Federal Regulation of Controlled Substances (3 cr.)
- Specialty elective – Take one of the following:
Students may choose to take more than one course from this list. The first will count as a specialty elective, and the remainder will count as general electives.
- PHA 6290 Pharmaceutical Fraud & Abuse (3 cr.)
- PHA 6281 Practices & Procedures of Administrative Agencies (3 cr.)
- PHA 6278 State Regulation of Drugs & Pharmacy (3 cr.)
- PHA 6276 Pharmacy Benefit Design & Management (3 cr.)
- PHA 6280 Medicare & Medicaid (3 cr.)
Comprehensive Final Exam (on campus) – 0 cr.
General Electives (9 cr.*)
Students may choose to take any course offered in the POP Online program as a general elective. This may include a course that is from outside the Pharmaceutical Regulation track, or a course (beyond the first) from the specialty electives list.
*Students in the concurrent UF M.S. + Stetson University M.B.A. program will take fewer UF general electives because they will transfer 6 credits from Stetson into UF as general electives.
Final Comprehensive Exam on UF campus
In lieu of a master’s degree thesis, students must pass a written comprehensive exam administered on campus in Gainesville, Florida.
Required Travel to UF Campus
Students typically plan two travel weekends to the UF campus over the course of their program to attend one weekend seminar during any spring semester, and to take the comprehensive final exam upon completion of all coursework. Students wishing to consolidate travel time into one weekend may choose a plan of study that will enable them to attend a spring seminar and take the final exam in the same weekend.