Course Delivery Systems
Course content in the program is delivered using two electronic platforms:
- Virtual Classroom System (Zoom)
- Course Management System (Canvas)
The virtual classroom system is Zoom. This web conferencing software allows students to participate in live class discussions to interact with classmates and instructors online. Students can communicate via text messaging, ask questions using a headset/microphone device for audio and participate in polling and chat messaging to facilitate discussion. To join a weekly class meeting in Zoom, log in to Canvas, then access the “Zoom Conferences” tool and “join” the meeting for the correct date and time.
The learning management system (LMS) at UF is Canvas. Students can access syllabi, assignments, readings, quizzes and tests, and video content using this system. Course discussion boards are available for students to engage in scholarly discussions with classmates and instructors. Students can monitor their progress using the Assignments, Quizzes and Grade tools.
Additionally, all students have access to the “POP– Administration and Orientation” Canvas site, where important program announcements are logged, as well as policies and procedures and job postings can be found.
Technology Requirements and Support
The following is the minimum recommended hardware configuration:
- High-speed, good Internet service, connection, with Wi-Fi
- Laptop or Desktop Computer
- 2 Gigahertz P4 CPU or any Core 2 Duo/Quad Core with 1GB of RAM (or of similar performance)
- 80Gb Hard Drive
- CD or DVD drive
- USB port(s)
- Sound card, and speakers or headphones
- 1024 by 768 resolution monitor
- USB headset with microphone
|Windows 10 Pro or Education (NOT home)||Professional or Education includes BitLocker software for encryption;
Home does not include BitLocker
|Mac OS X||OS X Lion and higher includes Filevault 2 software for whole disk encryption.|
For more information on encryption see the College of Pharmacy’s IT system requirements.
- Microsoft Office 2010 or 2013+
- Acrobat Reader 9 (or higher) or other PDF reader
- Any update-to-date AntiVirus Software (McAfee AntiVirus is provided free to enrolled students.)
- Anti-malware software
- Windows Firewall or Equivalent
- Windows Defender or Equivalent
Enrolled students seeking free or discounted software, please visit UF Academic Technologies – Software Licensing Services.
Additional Security Information (UF)
Below is a link to information provided by UF IT with regard to how to protect yourself during times of online activity.
For technical support at any time, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.